Grungy Christmas Tag Tutorial

Good afternoon i have a tutorial for you today, I am  totally addicted to master boards, so what better way to start off this Tutorial ;) 

First lets gather our supplies, gather all your paper offcuts and grab
an Art Pad with a decent quality paper, this one is 160gsm, or
if you don't have that old magazine pages or flyers will do,
don't forget your glue and scissors :)



Taking the Art Pad and your scraps, lets get started.



Choose your scraps and glue them down, creating a 
master board, every one is unique so go for it.

You now have your base for your tag, or Journal card 
whatever you need to create, this walkthrough works
whatever you want it to.


I am making a tall tag with pockets, so I started 
by cutting a Long Piece 8.5" x 4" approx., to that 
I randomly added some torn book page to the tag.



From a spare bit of card i cut a pocket, 8.5" x 2.25"
You of course can cut it to whatever size you like, I 
then covered this card with scraps, Inked the edges 
of both card and pocket and glued it to the front of the
large tag.



Next I covered the rear of the tag with some aged 
paper, and added a pocket, and inked the edges.



Then cut up the remaining master board into tags to fit the pockets,
and again Ink those edges.


Next i added some stamping to the tags, to further
age them, you don't need to do this, but I had some 
Stamps i wanted to play with ;) 




You can now get creative, by decorating them anyway you wish,
I printed some of Emma's Free Christmas Fussy cuts, and off we go 



I used Sticker Paper to print the fussy cuts, but again
you don't need it, if the border is too white, run your inking 
pad across it, there should be enough residue ink to age it.


I then decided to add a little sparkle with some glitter paint.



And here we go, 2 tags for the front and 1 for the rear.


Close up of Tags.



Add some ribbon, (the bow was not having it,
so we lost the bow lol) 

FRONT


REAR


I hope you enjoyed the walk through, and i didn't ramble on 
too long, any questions I am happy to help :) 








Comments

Popular Posts